Initially started as a hobby by Rob Burgess in 2012, Head for Points was created from a desire to produce a magazine which contained news and views that UK business travellers and high-end leisure travellers genuinely wanted to read.
Traditional business travel media is insular. It is read mainly by people working in the travel trade, not real travellers. We wanted to do something different.
11 years on, Head for Points is the UK’s biggest business and premium leisure travel site with 2.5 million page views and 613,000 unique users in August 2023. In 2022, we hit 25,000,000 annual page views for the first time.
Our Summer party in London is the UK’s biggest frequent flyer event. Here is what happened at our Summer 2023 party attended by 500 readers and trade guests.
The site was shortlisted in seven categories across the 2020, 2021 and 2022 ‘Business Travel Journalism Awards’. It has won or been ‘Highly Commended’ five times in recent years, including:
- ‘Editor of the Year’ (Rob Burgess, 2017)
- ‘Best Digital Strategy’ (2017)
- ‘Best Newcomer To Business Travel Journalism’ (Anika Burnett, 2017)
- ‘Best Newcomer To Business Travel Journalism (Highly Commended)’ (Rhys Jones, 2019)
- ‘Best Newcomer To Business Travel Journalism’ (Rhys Jones, 2021)
What will you find on Head for Points?
Head for Points attracts thousands of readers every day thanks to our advice and authenticity. We write honestly and with a sharp eye for detail, making us a trusted voice in a world of fake news and #ads. We focus ruthlessly on ‘news you can use’ stories which are genuinely relevant to UK-based travellers.
Our daily articles cover:
- The latest business travel news: our travel industry connections mean we are often the first to break key stories
- Flight, hotel and lounge reviews: our honest reviews help readers make the most of their travel time and money
- Offers and promotions: we cover the best deals in the market, and negotiate exclusive airline, hotel and travel credit card offers that we know Head for Points readers will value
- Credit card reviews: Rob’s expertise and background in financial services enables us to provide easy-to-understand analysis of travel rewards credit cards for our readers
- UK ‘travel hacking’ tips: our advice helps business travellers make the most of their hard-earned frequent flyer miles and hotel points
In particular, we are the biggest UK resource for news and discussion about Avios, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and American Express credit cards.
“Following the simple advice on your website I managed, in a relativity short period, to accumulate enough points to just book two return BA First Class flights to Hong Kong using a 241 voucher. I can not thank you enough for the wealth of information provided on your website.” (Ron)
What should you read next?
Here are some articles we recommend to new readers:
Our comprehensive guide to all UK airline and hotel credit cards is here. Take a look and see what the best sign-up bonuses are this month.
For advertising and commercial information, please visit our ‘Media and Advertising’ page.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoy our content as much as we enjoy putting it together. Visit daily for new content, sign up for our daily or weekly email newsletters using the link in the menu bar or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
All the best
Rob Burgess (Editor) and the HfP team